There are many posts about the ‘Paleo Coffee’ or ‘Buttered Coffee’ or the ‘Bulletproof Coffee’. Indeed, I find this to be a wonderful energy source with the great profile of fats that it contains. BUT, as always I have to push the envelope and ask, “How can I make this even better?”
So here is what I came up with, Mama’s Mocha! I am seriously in love with subtlety of the cacao rounded out with the vanilla. It is seriously delish. Even my kids enjoy their doctored up ‘hot cocoa’.
There is one secret weapon that I do use, Sunfood’s Tempered Cacao Paste. While I love Raw Cacao Powder, I find the paste really allows me to use it in other applications and still retain its rich flavor and smooth texture. Where the powder can be a bit of pain and have that chalky texture that I do not like in my drinks. A little head-up here. It really isn’t a paste…it is more like very hard chocolate candies. So,get out the meat tenderizer and go for it!!
But without further ado, here is my adapted recipe!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil Cold pressed is best!
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter Grass fed butter baby, Kerry Gold is a great option
- 1 Cup Hot Coffee Whatever flavor you enjoy routinely
- 1-2 Tsp Cacao Paste This is strong so use according to your taste!
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla I use pure Vanilla Extract with Bourbon flavor
- To taste Stevia Liquid is best, add in add the very end
- Add in Butter, coconut oil and tempered paste to hot coffee.
- Let sit for a few minutes to allow the paste to soften. Then blend to emulsify fats.
- Add in vanilla and stevia to taste and ENJOY!
I absolutely love this! Very informative and entertaining.
Hello, Neat post. Th2&;r#8e17es a problem with your web site in internet explorer, could check thisâ€¦ IE still is the marketplace chief and a large portion of folks will leave out your great writing because of this problem.
Aretilcs like this just make me want to visit your website even more.